Combat Covid & Cold and Flu Viruses with a Humidifier and Air Purifier!
No one enjoys being sick with a cold or the flu, and Covid can cause lasting damage to your respiratory tract. Combat airborne pathogens with a humidifier and a Reme Halo air purifier. Here’s a breakdown of the advantages of each.
Notable New York City-based physician Dr. Keri Peterson says that one step people can take during cold & flu season is to “keep humidity levels in your home between 40 and 60 percent. This can help reduce the survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air.”
In addition, the CDC recommends using a humidifier to help alleviate the symptoms of Covid-19 and help shorten the duration of the illness. Buying a humidifier is perhaps the quickest and most effective solution to ensure wellness.
Here’s why a humidifier can be so effective:
- Higher humidity levels have proven to kill off the virus. It’s more likely than not that the flu virus will enter your home in the next few months, but a good humidifier can help reduce the survival of flu viruses that may be in the air. Once you buy a humidifier it will need to be cleaned so look for a model with an opening large enough to allow for easy cleaning.
- Humidifiers help give you a reprieve from coughing and congestion. Congestion is often caused by inflammation in the airways. Sinus inflammation and infections are often triggered by breathing too dry air.
- Humidifiers help keep your throat and nasal passages hydrated. Comfortable humidity levels help keep throat and nasal passages hydrated, helping you breathe better. Plus, if you happen to catch something from a coworker, keeping your nasal passages and your throat moist could help you heal faster, and should reduce symptoms like coughing and sneezing.
- Sleeping better. By keeping your throat and nasal passages hydrated, humidifiers can help provide an optimal sleep environment. A better night’s rest can help your body maintain peak health to fight off illness, as well as recover more quickly if you do get sick.
- Help break up mucus. This may sound like no big deal UNTIL you’re dealing with mucus. It’s the worst. The longer it stays, the more you cough, the more inflamed your airways become. Proper humidity puts a stop to this dreadful cycle.
Kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Mold Spores with the Reme Halo
You can step up your cold and flu game by having a Reme Halo installed. This product not only sanitizes your whole air duct system but also releases hydrogen peroxides into the air that bind and disarm viruses and bacteria, as well as help bind particles in the air and allow your air filters to pick them up more easily (we also offer a top-of-the-line air filtration system, Accuclean, to pick up these particles more efficiently).
The levels of hydrogen peroxide produced are safe and mimic the properties of natural outdoor air. Bring fresh air back to your home!
Sanitize Surfaces 24 Hours a Day!
The release of these peroxides also helps sanitize surfaces around your home in addition to binding to free-floating particles. It is a perfect solution for homes with school-aged children who often bring home cold and flu bugs from classmates.
Learn More About Our Indoor Air Quality Products!
We have air quality solutions for every household, benefiting those with allergies as well as helping prevent and alleviate sickness! Want help deciding which air quality systems fit your home (and budget)? Contact our Air Quality Experts!