As seasons change, so do your HVAC needs. Whether winter is just beginning or spring is upon us, homeowners should take several steps to make sure their air conditioners and furnaces are up to the task of keeping your family comfortable.
Here are some seasonal tips to help you get ready for the changing weather.
Preparing for cold weather includes making sure that your furnace is ready to safely heat your home. The following tips will help you ensure that your furnace is in working order.
- Replace Air Filters: Like always, replacing air filters is an important part of keeping unwanted particles out of your HVAC system. Replace them every few months to prevent dust and allergens from entering the system.
- Clean Around the Outdoor Unit: Make sure that there aren’t any twigs, leaves or other brush around your outdoor unit.
- Have a Furnace Tune-up Done: HVAC maintenance is important, especially for furnaces. A professional can make sure the system is clean and free of hazards that require furnace repair well before you need to use the system.
With spring comes warmer air and hot temperatures, so you’ll want to be prepared to turn your AC on again. A few useful tips to get your AC ready for summer include:
- Replacing All Air Filters: This will prevent dust, debris and other allergens from entering your AC unit and being distributed throughout your home. Replace air filters every month or two during summer months.
- Clean the Outdoor Condenser: Before turning your AC on, clear the unit of any weeds or other vegetation.
- Get an AC Tune-up: Don’t forget that professional maintenance is an essential part of keeping your HVAC system running smoothly. Having a professional technician test and clean your system will catch any necessary AC repairs before they cause further damage.
Choose Norman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Our air conditioning installations and repairs are trusted by local residents because it’s done right the first time. Whether you need regular maintenance or HVAC installation, Norman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is here to help.
If you need a quality tune-up or other HVAC services, contact us today!