As Oklahomans know, the weather can be unpredictable. From blazing hot summers to teeth-chattering winters, it’s difficult to forecast — but also easy to prepare for. October is the perfect time to have your heating system inspected, repaired, or replaced.
Manufacturers recommend annual maintenance and Norman Air makes it easy to increase energy efficiency, reduce utility costs, and prolong the life of your system.
It’s important to have a plan in place. After all, no one wants their heater to fail during the midst of a winter storm. Our team here at Norman Air has gathered eight tips to prepare your heating system for winter.
- 1. Clear away any debris or vegetation from your outdoor unit.
- 2. Cover your outdoor unit to protect it from winter weather. (Do not cover a heat pump as it will run during the winter.)
- 3. Replace your air filter monthly to maintain proper airflow and keep your heating system from overheating.
- 4. Clear any clutter from around your heating system. This is a fire hazard.
- 5. Install a carbon monoxide or replace the batteries and test your existing detector.
- 6. Test run the heat operation before it gets cold outside.
- 7. Most importantly have your heating system tuned up every fall to ensure safety and proper operation.
Give Norman Air a call at 405-777-7116 to schedule your winter tune-up.