For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Norman Regional Health Foundation is raising awareness and funding for ALL cancer types, and Norman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing wants to help! You can donate to Paint Out Cancer at any time throughout this month, but we are kicking it off with a Canine Costume Contest beginning Oct. 15! We will match all donations up to $1,000.
Paint Out Cancer: Canine Costume Contest
Compete in our Costume Contest from Oct. 15-21 for a chance to win a private photography session for your dog at Dapper Dogs Photography (a $350 value)!
Here’s How You Can Enter:
- Please like us on Facebook to stay updated when we announce the winner.
- Enter the contest by going to our team’s Paint Out Cancer donation hub and clicking the “Donate Now” button. There is a minimum donation requirement of $5, but feel free to donate more! It is for a great cause.
- Post a photo of your dog in costume on your personal Facebook page (*make sure the post is public*).
- Tag us in your post (@normanairok) and use the hashtag #normanaircanine so we can find your photo entry! Post your entry before noon on Oct. 21 to give us time to pick a winner.
- We will announce the winner online on Oct. 22!
- Join us at Ruby Grant Dog Park on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 2:00 p.m. for an informal party!** If you’d like to, bring your pet in their costume! You can use the dog park at your own discretion — there are plenty of trails that can be used as a pack walk for any dogs that need more space.
**Please only bring fully-vaccinated, socialized, dog-friendly dogs**
Donate to Paint Out Cancer — we will match your contribution!
Cancer Statistics In Oklahoma:
- It is predicted that 23,700 Oklahomans will be diagnosed with cancer in 2022.
- This year, there will be an estimated 8,620 cancer-caused deaths.
- Lung cancer is the most prevalent, with approximately 3,390 new cases diagnosed in 2022.
Breast Cancer Statistics:
- The average woman in the United States has a 1 in 8 chance of developing breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Approximately 570 women will die from breast cancer in Oklahoma in 2022.
Reduce Your Cancer Risk By:
- Avoiding all forms of tobacco
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Protecting your skin during sun exposure
- Eating a healthy diet
- Being active
- Avoiding/limiting alcohol consumption
- Prioritizing regular health checkups and cancer screenings — early detection is crucial!
- Knowing your family history and risk factors
For more information, visit the Norman Regional Health Foundation’s Paint out Cancer Campaign site.