For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Norman Regional Health Foundation is raising awareness and funding for ALL cancer types, and Norman Air wants to help! You can donate to Paint Out Cancer at any time throughout this month, but we are kicking it off with a Canine Costume Contest beginning Oct. 15! We will match all donations up to $1,000.
Paint Out Cancer: Canine Costume Contest
Compete in our Costume Contest from Oct. 15-21 for a chance to win a private photography session for your dog at Dapper Dogs Photography (a $350 value)!
Here’s How You Can Enter:
- Please like us on Facebook to stay updated when we announce the winner.
- Enter the contest by going to our team’s Paint Out Cancer donation hub and clicking the “Donate Now” button. There is a minimum donation requirement of $5, but feel free to donate more! It is for a great cause.
- Post a photo of your dog in costume on your personal Facebook page (*make sure the post is public*).
- Tag us in your post (@normanairok) and use the hashtag #normanaircanine so we can find your photo entry! Post your entry before noon on Oct. 21 to give us time to pick a winner.
- We will announce the winner online on Oct. 22!
- Join us at Ruby Grant Dog Park on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 2:00 p.m. for an informal party!** If you’d like to, bring your pet in their costume! You can use the dog park at your own discretion — there are plenty of trails that can be used as pack walks for any dogs that need more space.
**Please only bring fully-vaccinated, socialized, dog-friendly dogs**
Donate to Paint Out Cancer — we will match your contribution!
Cancer Statistics In Oklahoma:
- It is predicted that 23,700 Oklahomans will be diagnosed with cancer in 2022.
- This year, there will be an estimated 8,620 cancer-caused deaths.
- Lung cancer is the most prevalent, with approximately 3,390 new cases diagnosed in 2022.
Breast Cancer Statistics:
- The average woman in the United States has a 1 in 8 chance of developing breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Approximately 570 women will die from breast cancer in Oklahoma in 2022.
Reduce Your Cancer Risk By:
- Avoiding all forms of tobacco
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Protecting your skin during sun exposure
- Eating a healthy diet
- Being active
- Avoiding/limiting alcohol consumption
- Prioritizing regular health checkups and cancer screenings — early detection is crucial!
- Knowing your family history and risk factors
For more information, visit the Norman Regional Health Foundation’s Paint Out Cancer Campaign site.